David Todd is a 17 year old Digital Interaction Design student at the University of Dundee. Born in the Border’s General Hospital, he spent the last 17 years of his life in Scottish border town, Newtown St. Boswells, before moving to Dundee at the start of September.
Photo by Ross2085
For more information on David, please follow this link to a blog post David wrote about himself, titled “Who’s David Todd”.
Further to that blog post, I conducted a video interview with David to find out a bit more information. I asked him the following questions;
- Please introduce yourself
- Coming from a small town did you feel in pressure to follow a different path/career?
- How are you settling into city life?
- When did you first pick up an interest in design and why?
- Why was it you chose to study digital interaction design?
- Which area of digital interaction design do you feel more interested in now that you have been here for 3 weeks (e.g. computing, design)?
- Did you have interests in any other courses/apply for other courses?
- Where do you hope to end up once you have completed the course?
- Have you always felt as though you are a creative person?
So what did those questions allow me to learn about David?
- David was born in the Border’s General hospital and grew up in the Scottish border town, Newtown St. Boswells.
- He always felt as though a design course was what he wanted to do as he had no real interest in English and Maths.
- Thought about doing a course in games design, but after visiting Dundee’s open day and meeting the course’s lecturers and learning a bit more about the course, he felt that digital interaction design was much more suited to his interests (technology and design).
- Outwith university, David is a big football fan, with an interest in both watching and playing the sport. He has a season ticket for Edinburgh’s Heart of Midlothian.
- So far he has seen a huge difference since moving from the small town he grew up in to the city of Dundee – a difference which is good and one that he is enjoying.
David’s About.me Page